Director, Analytical Development
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE
Selecta Biosciences is seeking a talented scientist and a dedicated leader to join our fast paced and growing company! The Director, Analytical Development will support the development of preclinical and clinical products including proteins, gene therapies and the company’s proprietary Synthetic Vaccine Particle platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Analytical Development is responsible for developing the group strategy and working with a highly functional and talented team of PhD scientists focusing on the design and implementation of analytical methods ranging from early phase to qualification and beyond for a wide range of analytes including proteins, peptides, oligosaccharides, oligonucleotides small molecules and polymers.
Responsible for the group’s scientific and technical standards, the setting and completion of technical, organizational and individual goals in support of discovery and product development and the critical review of documentation and reports, the successful candidate will have expertise in solving complex chemical problems and a demonstrated track record in robust and innovative analytical development.
The Director, Analytical Development ensures the group’s transparent and reliable interactions with other groups including Bioanalytical Development and Analytical and QC testing, as well as other functional areas such as Formulation, Chemistry, Process Development, and Biology. The candidate will represent the Analytical Development department and act as analytical expert in cross-functional teams to support product development, core research and development studies and regulatory filings. The ideal candidate will also have experience in interacting with CROs, including guiding assay development and transfer.
Education and Experience Requirements
A Ph.D. in Chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 7 years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience is required. Demonstrated analytical development experience with multiple active entities of interest for Selecta a definite plus.
Additional requirements include:
- Excellent critical thinking and strong technical analytical development skills
- Demonstrated leadership in performance management and operational excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in CMC regulatory requirements and product development specifications a plus
- Proficiency in a fast-paced environment preferred
– An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to Company policies, rules, and regulations in these as is required.
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee handles hazardous chemicals in the laboratory. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, shoes, and lab coat. Position may require long periods of standing.
– The Company has active programs on developing novel immunotherapies for various food and environmental allergies. An employee may be required to work with and/or be exposed to allergens in the laboratory.
Selecta is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer of Minorities, Females, Disabled Individuals, and Veterans (M/F/
Visit us at: www.selectabio.com
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE