Manager/ Director Business Development
Selecta Biosciences, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing biologic therapies for rare and serious diseases that avoid the immune responses that compromise efficacy and lead to life-threatening complications. Selecta is applying its proprietary Synthetic Vaccine Particles (SVP™) to a range of therapeutic areas in which immunogenicity is a key challenge. SEL-212, the company’s lead candidate in Phase 2, is being developed to treat severe gout patients and reduce their debilitating symptoms, including flares and inflammatory arthritis. Further, Selecta’s two proprietary gene therapy product candidates have the unique potential to enable repeat administration, allowing for dose adjustment in patients and maintenance of therapeutic activity over time. The company is seeking to expand the use of its SVP platform in other areas, such as immuno-oncology, allergies, autoimmune diseases and vaccines.
The successful candidate will be responsible for our in-licensing and out-licensing and partnering efforts. S/he will lead our in-licensing efforts for highly immunogenic drugs, which is crucial to expand our proprietary pipeline in the areas of enzyme therapy, gene therapy and oncology. Further, s/he will generate contacts and lead negotiations for out-licensing, collaboration and co-development contracts with potential partners. We are looking for a skilled business developer with experience in scouting for opportunities, developing term sheets and negotiating license and collaboration agreements. The position offers an opportunity to apply and refine key business development skills over a large range of therapeutic areas in a highly dynamic and externally driven company. The new team member will have strong internal support from colleagues in science, strategy, legal and finance.
- Execute company partnering strategy
- Identify potential companies and collaborators that could help Selecta with advancing corporate goals
- Identify and contact key people in target organizations
- Develop partnering tools and present company to interested parties
- Interact with all functions at Selecta to develop partnering approaches that are aligned with business needs
- Organize partnering meetings and recruit support from relevant business functions
- Lead term sheet and licensing negotiations
- Coordinate due diligence efforts
Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or management discipline. PhD or MBA preferred but not essential, additional years in relevant industry/role experience will be considered. Title and compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in negotiating contracts including fluency in license agreements and term sheet development
- Network in business development community
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Immunology background would be preferred
- Experience with due diligence teams is a plus
The position will report to the Chief Business Officer, be based Watertown Massachusetts and require travel (approximately 1-2 weeks per month).
Qualified candidates should send a resume to: MGRBD. Please refer to Job Code 17007 when corresponding about this position.
Selecta is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer of Minorities, Females, Disabled Individuals, and Veterans (M/F/D/V)
Visit us at: www.selectabio.com
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE