Selecta Biosciences is a public, clinical stage company developing novel biologic therapies enabled by our ImmTOR platform technology to mitigate immunogenicity by inducing antigen-specific immune tolerance. Our lead program is in Phase 3 clinical testing and we have partnered with leading gene therapy companies to enable re-dosing of life-saving gene therapies.
We are seeking a creative and passionate scientist to help us design and create the next wave of innovative therapeutic enzyme and biologic product candidates.
- Providing leadership to help identify therapeutic opportunities to treat serious diseases, and to design and create novel therapeutic candidates
- Working closely with external partners and collaborators on protein design and screening
- Overseeing work performed at CROs
- Collaborating with internal groups to characterize early-stage therapeutic candidates and aid in further product development
- A PhD in biochemistry, biotechnology, structural biology, molecular biology or a related field with at least 5 years of relevant experience in academia and/or industry is required.
- This position requires a deep knowledge of enzymology, biochemistry, and protein characterization. Previous experience in protein design or protein evolution is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Experience
- Experience in protein design software, structural biology, and/or metabolic pathways is strongly desirable.
- Familiarity with protein production and analytics is a plus.
- The candidate must be highly motivated, self-driven, and comfortable working in an outsourcing model with external partners, collaborators and CROs.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, time management and organization skills required.
About Selecta Biosciences, Inc.
Selecta Biosciences Inc. (NASDAQ: SELB) is leveraging its clinically validated ImmTOR platform to develop tolerogenic therapies that selectively mitigate unwanted immune responses.
With a proven ability to induce tolerance to highly immunogenic proteins, ImmTOR has the potential to amplify the efficacy of biologic therapies, including redosing of life-saving gene therapies, as well as restore the body’s natural self-tolerance in autoimmune diseases. The company’s first program aimed at addressing immunogenicity to AAV gene therapies is expected to enter clinical trials in early 2021 in partnership with AskBio for the treatment of methylmalonic acidemia (MMA), a rare metabolic disorder. A wholly-owned program focused on addressing IgA nephropathy driven by ImmTOR and a therapeutic enzyme is also in development among additional product candidates. Selecta recently licensed its Phase 3 clinical product candidate, SEL-212, in chronic refractory gout to Sobi. For more information, please visit www.selectabio.com.
Selecta is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer of Minorities, Females, Disabled Individuals, and Veterans (M/F/D/V).
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE