Selecta Biosciences is seeking a highly skilled, collaborative, and motivated Associate Scientist/Scientist to join our Analytical Development team, which is developing our innovative ImmTOR technology platform to unlock the full potential of biologic and gene therapies.
The Analytical Development team develops and applies analytical technology to characterize our polymer-based nano-particle product, our biologic therapies, and our manufacturing process. The Associate Scientist/Scientist will be responsible for the development of appropriate analytical assays for biologic and gene therapy products to be used in support of research and clinical development.
- Use scientific principles and professional practices to solve a range of complex problems in creative and practical ways
- Design, develop and apply analytical methods for the analysis of complex polymeric nanoparticle, protein, and gene products
- Develop, implement, and maintain phase-appropriate cell-based assays to measure viral vector infectivity, transgene expression, and functional potency with broad variety of readouts such as qPCR/ddPCR, MSD- or DELFIA-based immunoassays, ELISA, luminescence, high content imaging, FACS etc.
- Independently design experiments and critically interpret results
- Manage third-party CRO /CMO for analytical method development, transfer and validation
- Write analytical procedures and reports
- Attend and present results at group and cross-functional team meetings
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely records in notebooks
- Maintain lab, use, maintain and troubleshoot analytical instruments in strict adherence to company safety, policies, rules and state and federal regulations
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- PhD in Immunology, virology, biological science, analytical chemistry or related discipline, with 2-5 years related industry experience or MS with a minimum of 5 years related industry experience developing analytical testing for gene therapy, or biologics
- Previous laboratory experience particularly with cell-based assays, titer assays, flow cytometry, PCR/qPCR, and ELISA preferred
- Previous working experience with third-party CRO/CMO
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proficient with standard computer applications
The position requires hands-on work setting up and operating equipment in an R&D laboratory. An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to Company policies, rules, and regulations is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee handles hazardous chemicals in the laboratory. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, shoes, and lab coat. Position may require long periods of standing.
About Selecta Biosciences, Inc.
Selecta Biosciences, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on unlocking the full potential of biologic therapies based on its immune tolerance technology (ImmTOR) platform.
Selecta plans to combine ImmTOR with a range of biologic therapies for rare and serious diseases that require new treatment options due to high immunogenicity. The company’s current proprietary pipeline includes ImmTOR-powered therapeutic enzyme and gene therapy product candidates. SEL-212, the company’s lead product candidate, is being developed to treat chronic refractory gout patients and resolve their debilitating symptoms, including flares and gouty arthritis. Selecta’s proprietary gene therapy product candidates are in preclinical development for certain rare inborn errors of metabolism and incorporate ImmTOR with the goal of addressing barriers to repeat administration. Selecta is based in Watertown, Massachusetts. For more information, please visit http://selectabio.com.
Selecta is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer of Minorities, Females, Disabled Individuals, and Veterans (M/F/D/V).
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE