Selecta Biosciences is seeking a highly skilled, collaborative, and motivated Senior Research Associate to join our growing Bioanalytical team! The BAL Senior Research Associate provides hands-on contributions including developing and implementing non-clinical and clinical bioanalytical assays on various technical platforms (cell-based and ligand binding assays) and contributes to the expansion of the bioanalytical assay portfolio to align with multiple preclinical and clinical program needs, based on the company’s proprietary synthetic nanoparticle technology developed to elicit the desired and optimal immune response.
The position’s primary responsibility is the development of qualified cell based bioanalytical assays and immunoassay sample analysis to measure the immune response in various animal models to a variety of antigens.
- Ensures release of timely and accurate data per project responsibilities and group priorities
- Actively participates in the design, troubleshooting and implementation of assays, critical data analysis and effective data presentations across the various technical platforms used by the group
- Represents the group on cross-functional teams
- Contributes to the writing of documentation including protocols, reports and publications
- Maintains complete, accurate and timely records in notebooks
- Uses lab and instruments in strict adherence to company safety, policies, rules and state and federal regulations
- Performs other duties as necessary
Education and Experience Requirements
A degree in Biochemistry, Immunology or related field, a B.S with 8-12 years of relevant industry experience or an M.S. with 5 years of industry experience.
Additional requirements include:
- Expertise in developing and performing cell-based assays including neutralizing antibody assays is required
- Experience in performing immunoassays including anti-drug antibody assays highly desirable
- Experience in bioanalytical method development is required
- Proficiency in data processing critical
- Excellent attention to details, critical thinking and data interpretation
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines and in a fast-paced work environment
- Involvement in a high-throughput environment desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills
An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to Company policies, rules, and regulations is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee handles hazardous chemicals in the laboratory. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, shoes, and lab coat. Position may require long periods of standing.
About Selecta Biosciences, Inc.
Selecta Biosciences Inc. (NASDAQ: SELB) is leveraging its clinically validated ImmTOR platform to develop tolerogenic therapies that selectively mitigate unwanted immune responses.
Selecta plans to combine ImmTOR with a range of biologic therapies for rare and serious diseases that require new treatment options due to high immunogenicity. The company’s current proprietary pipeline includes ImmTOR-powered therapeutic enzyme and gene therapy product candidates. SEL-212, the company’s lead product candidate, is being developed to treat chronic refractory gout patients and resolve their debilitating symptoms, including flares and gouty arthritis, and is currently in a Phase 3 clinical study. Selecta’s proprietary gene therapy product candidates are in preclinical development for certain rare inborn errors of metabolism and incorporate ImmTOR with the goal of addressing barriers to repeat administration. Selecta has a pipeline of novel tolerogenic therapies designed to address areas such as autoimmune disease and immunogenic enzyme therapies. Selecta is based in Watertown, Massachusetts. For more information, please visit http://selectabio.com.
Selecta is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer of Minorities, Females, Disabled Individuals, and Veterans (M/F/D/V).
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE.