Research Associate I, Formulations
Watertown, MA — Full-Time
Selecta Biosciences is seeking a highly skilled, collaborative, and motivated Research Associate I to join our growing team! This position will be part of our team that is developing various nanoparticles to extend our ImmTOR technology platform.
The Research Associate I, Formulations, is a laboratory-based position with tremendous learning potential in the area of drug formulation development. Reporting to the Associate Director, Formulation, and working in a cross-functional team environment, the successful candidate will contribute to the development of nanoparticle formulations to support the company’s platform development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Use scientific principles and professional practices to solve a range of complex problems in creative and practical ways;
- Prepare formulations (polymer nanoparticles, lipid nanoparticles) and interpret data/results to support formulation development and company’s pre-clinical studies;
- Perform routine analytical testing to characterize formulations;
- Design and execute experiments with clear and thorough documentation;
- Present laboratory results within the Formulation and Process Development groups and to product development teams;
- Write batch records and standard operating procedures;
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies;
- Additional lab projects and assignments as required.
Educational and/or Experience
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, or related discipline;
- BS with 2-5 years or MS with 0-2 years of academic or industrial research experience required;
- Ability to work safely and independently in an R&D laboratory environment;
- Ability to think critically and demonstrated problem-solving skills;
- Detail oriented with the ability to accept and follow instruction, and execute stepwise work plans in a reproducible manner;
- Effective communication skills;
- Hands on laboratory experience with protein formulations and characterization is a plus, but not required;
- Ideal candidates may also have specific experience with one or more of the following: formulation, polymer nanoparticles, LNP, protein and small molecule drug delivery.
The position requires hands-on work setting up and operating equipment in an R&D laboratory. An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to Company policies, rules, and regulations is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee handles hazardous chemicals in the laboratory. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, shoes, and lab coat. Position may require long periods of standing.
About Selecta Biosciences, Inc.
Selecta Biosciences Inc. (NASDAQ: SELB) is leveraging its clinically validated ImmTOR platform to develop tolerogenic therapies that selectively mitigate unwanted immune responses.
With a proven ability to induce tolerance to highly immunogenic proteins, ImmTOR has the potential to amplify the efficacy of biologic therapies, including redosing of life-saving gene therapies, as well as restore the body’s natural self-tolerance in autoimmune diseases. The company’s first program aimed at addressing immunogenicity to AAV gene therapies is expected to enter clinical trials in early 2021 in partnership with AskBio for the treatment of methylmalonic acidemia (MMA), a rare metabolic disorder. A wholly-owned program focused on addressing IgA nephropathy driven by ImmTOR and a therapeutic enzyme is also in development among additional product candidates. Selecta recently licensed its Phase 3 clinical product candidate, SEL-212, in chronic refractory gout to Sobi. For more information, please visit www.selectabio.com.
Selecta is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer of Minorities, Females, Disabled Individuals, and Veterans (M/F/D/V).
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE